How to Upload Files
How to Upload Files Using FTP or Design Software
There are 3 settings that are common to all forms of FTP and Design software. Using these
settings, along with the most common defaults, will allow you to upload files using almost
any type of software
- Hostname/IP: Your domain name. (no www. and no ftp. - Just your domain name)
- Username: The username of your hosting account.
- Password: The password for your hosting account.
How to Upload Files Using cPanel's File Manager
- Log in to cPanel for your hosting account.
- Click "File Manager" from under the Files menu.
- Click the "Go" button if a box pops up. A new window or tab will open in your browser.
- Use the navigation in the left column to navigate to the public_html folder
(by clicking the folder icons and plus signs).
- Once in public_html you can upload files by clicking the "Upload" button from the menu
at the top of the page.
How to Upload Files Using Microsoft Publisher
- Open Publisher.
- Go to File > Open, and open your file.
- Go to File > Publish to the Web.
- If prompted, click "Convert to Web Application." Otherwise, skip this and the next 2 steps.
- On the next prompt, choose "Yes, save my print publication and convert it to a Web publication."
- On the next prompt, if your site has more than one page choose "Yes, add a navigation bar."
- Once again, go to File > Publish to the Web.
- Publisher will suggest a name to use, usually "index."
Before confirming, select "Add/Modify FTP Locations" from the Save-in drop-down box at the top
of the Publish to the Web prompt.
- At this point, a new prompt will come called "Add/Modify FTP Locations."
- For "Name of FTP Site" enter your domain name. (for example, mydomain.com)
- For "Log on as" select User and enter the username of your web hosting account.
This is the username you selected when you ordered your hosting account with eVerity.
- For Password, enter the password you chose when you ordered your hosting account.
- Click "Add" and then click "OK"
- When the prompt goes away you will be back to the "Publish to the Web" prompt.
- Click ftp://mydomain.com (where "mydomain.com" is your actual domain name.)
- Click "Open"
- Double-click the public_html folder.
- Click "Save"
Congratulations, you should now see your web site when you go to your web address. If not,
you may still be seeing the default index.php page eVerity put in your account as a placeholder
when you first set up the account. You can delete this by going into cPanel's file manager
(go into the public_html folder). Or, if you prefer, you can just submit a ticket and we
will delete the placeholder file for you, at which time your site should become visible.