How to Transfer a Domain Name Away from eVerity
Before initiating transfers, you should be aware of the following:
- Transferring a domain name from one provider to another does not automatically change
the nameserver values, so if you are switching hosts, you should update the nameservers
before placing a transfer order.
- Domain names may not be transferred within 60 days of when they were registered.
- Most registrars will not allow expired domain names to be transferred.
- Transfers between registrars can take anywhere from 3 to 10 days to complete. During
this time it may not be possible to make changes to the domain name, so make sure that
modifications are made before initiating a transfer.
- Domain names in "locked" status can not be transferred. Please make sure the domain
is unlocked before initiating a transfer, or there could be significant delays.
- Domain name transfers are approved through email. Authorization requests are sent to
the official administrative contact's email address. Please ensure this is an address you
can check before initiating a transfer.
Steps for Transferring a Domain Name Away from eVerity
- As noted above, make sure the nameservers are correct, the adminstrative email address
is one you can check, and the domain name is unlocked. You can do these things through the
"Manage Domains" menu in your account by logging in to www.everity.com.
- Obtain the "EPP Code." Go to Manage Domains > List/Modify Domain Names > and then click
the domain you want to transfer. The EPP code will be in red text in the middle of the right
column. EPP Codes eventually expire, so you may need to submit a ticket to have a new
one issued if this is the case.
- Once the above requirements have been met, you can complete the process through your
domain name's new registrar.