How to Transfer a Domain Name to eVerity
Before initiating transfers, you should be aware of the following:
- Transferring a domain name from one provider to another does not automatically change
the nameserver values, so if you are switching hosts, you should update the nameservers
before placing a transfer order.
- Domain names may not be transferred within 60 days of when they were registered.
- Most registrars will not allow expired domain names to be transferred.
- Transfers between registrars can take anywhere from 3 to 10 days to complete. During
this time it may not be possible to make changes to the domain name, so make sure that
modifications are made before initiating a transfer.
- Domain names in "locked" status can not be transferred. Please make sure the domain
is unlocked before initiating a transfer, or there could be significant delays.
- Domain name transfers are approved through email. Authorization requests are sent to
the official administrative contact's email address. Please ensure this is an address you
can check before initiating a transfer.
Steps for Transferring a Domain Name to eVerity
- As noted above, make sure the nameservers are correct, the adminstrative email address
is one you can check, and the domain name is unlocked. You will need to do these things
through the current registrar.
- Obtain the "Authorization Code" from the current registrar.
- Log in to www.everity.com.
- Click "Manage Domains" > "Transfer a Domain Name"
- Enter the domain name and the Authorization Code where requested, and submit the form.
You can click "List Domain Name Transfers" from time-to-time to check on the status of