How to Transfer a Domain Name to eVerity from GoDaddy
Before initiating transfers, you should be aware of the following:
- Transferring a domain name from one provider to another does not automatically change
the nameserver values, so if you are switching hosts, you should update the nameservers
before placing a transfer order.
- Domain names may not be transferred within 60 days of when they were registered.
- Most registrars will not allow expired domain names to be transferred.
- Transfers between registrars can take anywhere from 3 to 10 days to complete. During
this time it may not be possible to make changes to the domain name, so make sure that
modifications are made before initiating a transfer.
- Domain names in "locked" status can not be transferred. Please make sure the domain
is unlocked before initiating a transfer, or there could be significant delays.
- Domain name transfers are approved through email. Authorization requests are sent to
the official administrative contact's email address. Please ensure this is an address you
can check before initiating a transfer.
Steps for Transferring a Domain Name to eVerity from GoDaddy
On the GoDaddy end:
- Log in to GoDaddy.com
- Click "Domains > Domain Manager"
- Click the Padlock next to the domain you want to transfer
- uncheck the "Lock Domains" box and click "Ok" (this unlocks the domain)
- Next to Authorization Code click "Send by Email" and click "Ok"
(the link is near the bottom left)
On the eVerity end:
- Log in to eVerity.com
- click "Manage Domains > Transfer a Domain Name"
- Type the domain name and Authorization Code where requested
(The Authorization Code was sent from GoDaddy to your email.)
- click Continue
You may have to respond to an email as an added layer of protection against domain hi-jacking.
GoDaddy typically approves transfers within 3 to 10 business days.
You can click "List Domain Name Transfers" from time-to-time to check on the status of